Many of us have experienced/seen “Stop Error” Blue Screen while starting our PC/Laptop, Updating the OS to the latest version or even sometimes it appears unexpectedly! This Blue Screen is called as “Blue screen of Death” as only the blue screen appears without any detailed information. To fix Blue Screen dump Error on Windows 7, 8, 10, this article will help you to overcome this issue. Whenever the blue screen appears you can see the following message code.
“(CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAID, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA, etc.,)”
This message won’t be useful in any ways. But we have come up with a solution to solve this issue. You can either upgrade to new version of OS, change software or driver that you have installed recently. This article suggests some of the best methods to troubleshoot BSOD error.
Insecure or older version software’s are the main reason behind BSOD errors. This can be overcomes by toppling those software’s with the latest versions. To achieve this, follow the below mentioned steps.
Select “Settings” and the Open “System” tab
Click “Apps & Features” and Select the “Uninstall” option
A Set of steps and procedures will be displayed automatically. Follow those steps to uninstall all those problematic software’s. Again, install the deleted software’s once you are done with updating the OS.
Overcomes, mentioned above is one of the method to fix Blue Screen dump Error on Windows
Disconnect Non Essential Hardware:
Incompatible hardware can also result in BSOD error. So, before installing Windows 10 on your device always disconnect external/ secondary devices like printers, USB devices, speakers, hard drives, etc., [excluding mouse, keyboard & primary monitor]. After the installation process completes, you may add/connect the hardware devices of your choice. If the problem still exists, update to the latest device drivers, else check up with your hardware device.
Re-Downloading upgrade files:
In some scenarios, damaged/missing setup files will result in blue screen error. To solve this problem, you have to download the installation files again. To do this, you may either use disk cleanup tool or media creation tool. In the first method, if you are updating using windows update option delete all the setup files that have been installed before Windows update will automatically download all the files again.
Using the Disk Cleanup tool Option:
- First Click “Start” and Search for ‘Disk Cleanup tool” from the available results.
- Different drive options will appear on the screen: Now choose ‘Windows (c:)” and then select OK
- In the next step choose “Cleanup system Files” option from the drive “Windows (c:)” and then click OK
- Finally, select the option “Temporary Windows installation files” and choose ‘OK”. This method will delete the files. After this step, update the Windows 10 OS again
In case of the latter method, Once again create bootable media using Media creation tool and start upgrading again.
DOING A CLEAN INSTALLATION
One more method is available to overcome the BSOD error. In this method you need to delete all the existing files and folders and should start with new installation process.
NOTE: Before starting this clean installation method; don’t forget to back up all your important data from your PC because in this method all the data will be deleted automatically.
In case if you are upgrading your device from windows 7 or windows 8.1 make yourself available with windows 10 product key. But, if you are updating to the latest version of windows 10, no need for product key you can simply upgrade. Before proceeding check out your system’s manufacturer’s support as you will be required to boot using USB drive.
The above method also recommend to fix blue screen dump error on Windows 7, 8 and 10
For installing windows 10(fresh) in your PC:
- Click start your computer by selecting USB bootable installation media.
- Select Next and then click Install.
- In case of updating to new version, choose the option “I don’t have a product key” link.
- You will be skipped to next page, and there select” I accept the license term” option.
- Select “Next” followed by the OS you want to install in your device.
- Now under the custom option: select the tab windows only (advanced) and the select and delete primary partition.
- Select “Next” and then follow the process for installation.
After selecting install option the OS will be upgraded and then you have to restore all the files.
If you have any issues on updating Windows 10, check it here
TROUBLESHOOTING DURING BOOT WITH DESKTOP ACCESS:
In some scenario, you will experience BSOD while still having access to desktop. This happens when the driver needs to be updated or if you have recently installed a device driver or windows update with some missing files.
HOW TO INSTALL UPDATES AND DRIVERS:
To fix Blue Screen dump Error on Windows 7, 8, 10. This step allows you to check whether the drivers and windows 10 OS are up to date.
INSTALLING LATEST WINDOWS 10 UPDATE:
Many of our devices always update the OS automatically, whenever an update becomes available. But in some cases, there will be some missing updates in Windows 10. If this happens do the following steps:
- Select Start and choose “Update and Security” option.
- Choose “windows update” and click “check for updates now” option.
INSTALLING LATEST DEVICE DRIVERS UPDATES:
Do the following steps, If you have the problem with your device driver.
- Open the power user option by clicking “Windows + X” key together.
- Choose “device manager “option and select the devices that have issues.
- Right click on the selected device and then “update device driver” software.
In some cases, you won’t be able to able to access updates using device drivers, in such situations contact the manufacturer’s website to find new updates.
HOW TO UNINSTALL UPDATES, DRIVERS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
An incompatible driver or outdated windows 10 can result in blue screen error. In that case, if you have access to the desktop try out the following methods:
Also the below steps will fix win32kfull.sys with recent update of Windows 10 on March 2021 and the Stop code: APC INDEX MISMATCH
UNINSTALL WINDOWS 10 UPDATES:
This type of error occurs after installing a new update for your windows 10. This is due to some bugs or errors in the update. With access to the desktop uninstall any recent updates you have made.
- Open Control panel from desktop and select the link “uninstall a program”.
- Find out the latest update by selecting View installed updates link
- Uninstall the latest update by right clicking on it.
UNINSTALL DEVICE DRIVERS:
A BSOD error can occur because of a device driver also. To uninstall it, follow the below steps:
- To open Power User menu, click windows +X key together.
- Open device manager and right click on the device that is incompatible.
- Uninstall it and click OK to continue.
In some cases, an old version of the device will be compatible to your OS. To try that, before uninstalling right click the device and select properties, Select roll back option if available.
It is also possible, when software that is incompatible with windows10 latest version, will lead to BSOD error. Before troubleshooting this error, first go through the software company’s support and policy. In case if an update for that software is available then try upgrading it. Else, if there is no new update available, uninstall that software using the following steps.
- Click settings-> choose system.
- Select Apps & features and then click Uninstall option.
- The software will now be uninstalled.
DISCONNECT NON ESSENTIAL HARDWARE:
Hardware issues can also create blue screen error. The main reason is that the hardware you are trying to connect may be of older version and is incompatible with the latest windows 10 update. In such case, contact the hardware manufacturer to avail latest version of that hardware. If it doesn’t have any updated versions try disconnecting it.
Another reason would be because of the damaged peripheral or external connections. To clear this problem, get a new one.
As a final option, install the latest device driver for your device, because a BSOD error can happen because of wrong driver too.
HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT BLUE SCREEN DURING BOOT WITHOUT DESKTOP ACCESS:
Sometimes, after a new update or installing device driver you can experience BSOD error. In some situations you won’t have access to the desktop. Try following the below mentioned methods to overcome this problem.
NOTE: In case, the BSOD arises after connecting a new hardware like external hard drive, printer/monitor, and you couldn’t boot your desktop disconnect those devices first. To achieve this Use system restore/ safe mode option.
FIXING BLUESCREEN USING RESTORE POINT:
First of all, allow your PC to go on for auto repair option before troubleshooting yourself. Let it repeat the process at least 3 times . Sometimes, this method can work. If it’s not working then move on to the following steps.
- Select “Troubleshoot” from “Choose an option” menu.
- Click “System Restore” from “Advanced Option” settings.
- Now, the reboot process starts.
- After signing in to your account Select “Next”.
- Whenever you connect new hardware or install driver, your computer creates system restore points automatically. But you can also create restore point on your own.
- Before the blue screen appears, select appropriate restore point.
- Finally select “Next” and then “Finish”
- After this step the system restore removes all the drivers and update that helps to solve BSOD error.
FIXING BLUESCREEN USING SAFEMODE:
Another method is using the safe mode to uninstall a driver or updating it.
- Click Choose an option then select Troubleshoot.
- From “Advanced options” menu click start settings.
- Now restart your PC by clicking restart button.
- Once the reboot process completes, Click F4 or 4 to enable safe mode.
After turning to the safe mode do the following steps.
- Uninstall windows 10 update.
- Choose control panel and then select the link “Uninstall a Program”.
- In the left pane you can see “view installed updates” option. Click it to open the most recent update.
- Right click it and click Uninstall. The update will be removed.
UNINSTALL DEVICE DRIVERS:
- To do this open power user menu, by clicking “windows+X” key shortcut.
- Select the “Device manager” option.
- You can see all the connected devices.. Now right click the device that creates error and select uninstall. Then click OK.
As we all know, BSOD error is really irritating and difficult to overcome without appropriate knowledge. This article, has suggested some of the possible methods to clear and fix this issue. If you cannot troubleshoot your device using the above methods. Contact your manufacturer to solve the issue.